Join us for some great 4R sessions in November!
From Field Research to On-Farm Application and Public Policy – CCA Opportunities in 4R Management
This session is occurring as part of the American Society of Agronomy and Crop Science Society of American Annual Meetings in Baltimore, MD. There is a special registration for CCAs of $95 for the whole day on Tuesday the 6th (opportunity for up to 8 CEU over the entire day; https://www.acsmeetings.org/login/links/274 ). This special registration rate is available thanks to the sponsors of the session – The Fertilizer Institute, Agricultural Retailers Association, and The Nature Conservancy.
Where: Baltimore Convention Center – Room 331
When: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 – 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- 9:00 AM-9:10 AM Eastern: Session Introduction (Sally Flis, The Fertilizer Institute)
- 9:10 AM-9:40 AM Eastern: Field Research Breakthroughs and Opportunities in 4R Nutrient Management—Nitrogen (Tai McClellan Maaz, International Plant Nutrition Institute)
- 9:40 AM-10:10 AM Eastern: Field Research Breakthroughs and Opportunities in 4R Nutrient Management—Phosphorus (Peter Kleinman, Penn State University)
- 10:10 AM-10:40 AM Eastern: Using Technology and On-Farm Research to Boost 4R Nutrient Management Impact and Adoption (Nathan Hykes)
- 10:40 AM-10:55 AM Eastern: Break
- 10:55 AM-11:25 AM Eastern: Informing Public Policy through 4R Nutrient Management Research and Application—CCA Perspectives
- 11:25 AM-11:55 AM Eastern: 4R Nutrient Management Research and Policy Developments in the Chesapeake Bay Region (Lindsay Thompson, Maryland Agriculture Associates)
- 11:55 AM-12:25 PM Eastern: How the 2018 Farm Bill Impacts 4R Nutrient Management for CCAs and their Grower Clients (Clark Mica, The Fertilizer Institute and Hunter Carpenter, Agricultural Retailers Association)
- 12:25 PM-12:30 PM Eastern: Final Comments and Adjournment (Chris Boomsma, American Society of Agronomy and Soil Science Society of America)
4R Nutrient Stewardship Meeting the Challenges of Today for Sustainability of Tomorrow
The future of continuous improvement in nutrient use is dependent on more technical resources to farmers, changes in the delivery of nutrients and increased logistical management for agricultural retailers and farmers. Register Here.
Where: Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center – Mineral Hall C
When: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 – 11:15 AM to 12:15 PM
- 11:15 – 11:20 – Introduction of speakers and 4R – Sally Flis, The Fertilizer Institute
- 11:20 – 11:25 – What do farmers want to know before implementing 4R practices – TFI Survey results – Sally Flis, The Fertilizer Institute
- 11:25 – 11:30 – Challenges for fertilizer suppliers as farms change practices and the role of 4R Certification – Adam Herges, Mosaic
- 11:30 – 11:35 – Using partnerships to increase 4R implementation – David Royal, The Nature Conservancy
- 11:35 – 11:40 – One-on-one work with producers to advance 4R practices – Jason Sutterby, 4R Advocate
- 11:40 – 12:00 – Questions for the panel
Please contact Sally Flis with any questions or comments.