Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in some 90 countries dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Through world-class science, global reach and commitment to our customers we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
Syngenta recognizes that better solutions will not only address the need for increased productivity, but will also help farmers to manage and protect the environment: sustainable, intensive farming improves resource and nutrient efficiency.
As fewer virgin areas are cultivated, the biodiversity of natural ecosystems is saved from habitat loss. Protecting biodiversity is not only important for the well-being of the planet, but also vital to healthy and productive agriculture. This includes crop pollination, healthy soil, water and air purification, and the genetic diversity of wild plants.
We cannot afford to under-utilize good farmland. Even by increasing farmland by another 10% we will get nowhere near confronting the future demand for food that we face over the next 40 years. Available land resources, water availability and a changing climate will place increasing constraints on our ability to produce what we need. The world can produce enough food on the existing farmland if farmers have access to the best technology and apply best practice soil conservation and sustainability principles. Knowledge must be gathered and shared to improve the quality of land and farming practices. Syngenta is committed to meeting the challenge by implementing the 4Rs of nutrient stewardship.
- Responsible farming requires modern farming practices to conserve the land and improve the soil.
- Syngenta recognizes the importance of minimizing nutrient loss and maintaining soil fertility.
- Our products enable farmers to increase crop production through conservation tillage which improves soil health and provides higher productivity.
- Our non-selective herbicides contribute to conservation agriculture by enabling effective weed control with minimal tillage.
- Syngenta promotes sustainable agriculture practices that reduce energy input and improve carbon storage in soils.
- Soil conservation and nutrient management measures generate economic benefits for farmers.
- Preserving and increasing the fertility of soil is a pivotal element of Syngenta’s Good Growth Plan.
Syngenta’s AgriEdge Excelsior program offers data-rich, whole-farm management and solutions to help growers make agronomically sound decisions and operate more efficiently. AgriEdge Excelsior is designed around each farm and tailored based on crop mix. Through the program’s farm management software, personalized service and cost-sharing opportunities, growers are provided with the tools they need to make informed decisions, gain regulatory compliance and manage risk.
|Address:||1775 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Suite 600 Washington DC 20006|