The McGregor Company

This partner can help with the Right Place, Right Rate, Right Source, Right Time,

The growth and success of The McGregor Company is attributed to finding “good people” – many of whom have been with us for 20 years or more. We are proud of the involvement of our employees in the communities we serve. Long term support from the outstanding farmers of the Inland Northwest and dedicated employees have combined to make The McGregor Company the largest independent retailer of agricultural products in the Pacific Northwest. The McGregor Company has deep roots in Inland Northwest agriculture. More than 100 years ago the McGregor family came to the Palouse country, as sheep raisers.

In 1901, the McGregors added wheat to their farming enterprise. Promising nutrient research work done on the McGregor Ranch by Washington State College agronomist Harley Jacquot led to further experimentation. Sherman McGregor, a second generation family member, began experimenting with commercial fertilizers in 1948. Jacquot became a full-time agronomist for us in 1950. Together we established the first soils testing laboratory in the area. Farmers from throughout the Inland Northwest traveled to plot tours held each summer on the McGregor Ranch. This marked the beginning of the McGregor commitment to agricultural research and development, which we have continued since those pioneering days with commercial fertilizers.

The McGregors also began to develop an equipment manufacturing business in the early fifties. We designed and tested applicators and sprayers to meet the needs of the extensive wheat farm of the Inland Northwest. Our coil spring shanks and advanced design application equipment became the standards throughout the Inland Northwest and the Canadian prairies.

What started as a sideline of the family’s general store at the ranch headquarters in Hooper, Washington, grew steadily under Sherman McGregor’s leadership. By 1956, The McGregor Company was set up as a separate company to handle our family’s fertilizer, crop protection, and equipment activities. The McGregor Company grew to 17 retail outlets by its centennial year of 1982. Today, more than 40 communities in three Pacific Northwest states are served by The McGregor Company.

The McGregor Company supports the 4R initiative as it complements the decades of applied research in the area of responsible fertility management. Our company has been a pioneer in the area of fertility management and has taken a lead role in developing environmentally sustainable approaches to managing fertilizer plans under direct seeding systems.

AVAILABLE 4R PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

  • Select appropriate fertilizer and on-farm nutrient sources for the cropping system
  • Soil testing N, P, K secondary and micronutrient
  • Nutrient management planning
  • Application timing
  • Inhibitors
  • Fertilizer product choice
  • Application method
  • Incorporation of fertilizer
  • Conservation tillage
  • Yield goal analysis
  • Plant tissue analysis
  • Record keeping

 

Contact Information
Website:  www.mcgregor.com
Phone: 509-397-4691
Address:  28232 Endicott Rd. Colfax WA 99111

The Fertilizer Institute
425 Third Street, S.W., Suite 950
Washington, DC 20024
Phone: 202.962.0490
Fax: 202.962.0577